Sunday, March 15, 2020

Haircut

I have been avoiding a haircut for weeks.  The first time I got a haircut in Japan, I took along 3 dictionaries.  And the first thing that they did was put my coat and bag, with the 3 dictionaries, into a locker.  I probably should not have fretted so much, but a haircut is kind of personal.  So I had the guest house book me for a haircut somewhere with at least a little English. 

First task was finding it.  Bus-stops have names, and up by the driver is a screen listing the next 3 stops -- so busses are actually fairly easy.  I had studied Google maps and got quite close.  I found the police box (office) -- if I was desperate I could ask for directions there.  Then I found the steps that matched the image from Google maps.

Haircut takes a while.  8-10 minutes to say thank you for coming, look at my hair, talk about my hair, run fingers and comb through my hair.  Then a shampoo.  Then a cut.  Then drying my hair.  Then more cutting.  Then a scalp and shoulder massage.  Then another shampoo.  Then another blow dry.  then a little more trim. 

No comments:

Post a Comment