Sunday, April 26, 2020

Can I cut my own hair?

I have been watching stylists cut my hair for YEARS, and I used to cut my boy's hair when they were little.  So I was pretty sure wiki-how could help me with this.

But wiki-how said that you should probably leave tapered hair to a professional.  Not a choice in Va at the moment.  I could let it grow -- but the bangs were getting in my eyes.  So the only thing to do was to try.  Wiki-how did suggest that you should hold the hair in your non-dominant hand, so as to use the scissors with your dominant hand -- that was helpful for getting started.  However, it was almost impossible to look in the mirror and aim the scissors. 

So I switched to a tiny pair of scissors -- much easier to aim.  I figured that the goal was tapered hair -- so the unevenness in my cutting would just add to the tapering effect.  The first night I just did the front and top.  The second night I did the back and sides.  It was easier to do the back by feel than by looking.  The third and 4th nights were for evening it up.  It actually came out fine.  You can be the judge. This is the look at the end of the day -- a bit scraggly, but fine.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful haircut, fresh and high-spirited, like! ellen :o)

    ReplyDelete