Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Running the Hoover trail

Running the Hoover Trail here in West Branch brings back all sorts of memories -- I ran my 20 mile run here when I was training for the marathon -- the Hooker Trail is only 3 or so miles long -- so I ran back and forth a couple of times, and around to other parts of town.

This trip, the weather has been clear and cool in the mornings, and the trail has been beautiful.  On the ship I ran on the treadmill, and back in Arlington, I have been running on the W&L High School Track.  So this is my first running on roads and trails -- a great way to go.

There has been a lot of water in Iowa this summer, and there were cones on a bridge on the trail marking off a hole about 18 inches across that went to daylight below.  Glad I was not the first person to discover that after the last storm.




No comments:

Post a Comment