Thursday, July 24, 2014

Another sunny day in Iowa



Here is today's solar cooking report for the Haines cooker.



This morning I baked half an acorn squash and a sweet potato -- easily ready for lunch.  I baked them in a covered glass bowl. 




Then at 1:00 I put out a curried quinoa veggie bowl made with coconut milk.  I worried about the clouds that came and went through the afternoon -- but it was cooked just right.  In fact, it was softer and creamier than a usual quinoa.  I am pleased with the successes of this cooker.  And I am pleased with the strength of the Iowa sun.

Curried quinoa veggie bowl

1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 chopped garlic clove
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 cup quinoa
1 can coconut milk
1/4 cup water
1 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup frozen peas

I just put everything in the black pot with clear cover, and put it into the solar cooker.  It was served with grilled zucchini and cauliflower.

No comments:

Post a Comment