Friday, May 23, 2014

Market and Monet

Liz gave me a list of some of the markets to look for.  No need to look very far.  Just over a block from the youth hostel that we are staying in was a great market this morning.  I bought heritage tomatoes, woods strawberries, two kinds of cheese, pickled fish, olives, and a felafel sandwich for lunch.

After lunch we went to the Musse Marmottan-Claude Monet.  I am pretty sure that was the museum that I took Nick to when he was 2.  He fell asleep in his stroller on the way there, and the museum did not allow strollers.  So they suggested that I leave him asleep in the stroller in the cloakroom, "comme d'habitude", or "it is usual."  I checked back every 5 minutes, and he slept soundly!  I would say that I had a more in-depth look at the pictures today with Will.

We also went to Musee d l'Orangerie today to see the two full rooms of water lilies.  I think that was the museum that I took Dan through when he was about 2 -- with him riding on my back, and me explaining the pictures!


No comments:

Post a Comment