Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Arriving on the ship.



Faculty and staff got on in San Diego on the 8th.  I was confident that I had beaten jet lag – until 2 days later when I realized that I had left my backpack with I-Pad in the IT room the first day.  It was actually the first item in the lost and found logbook for the whole trip!

Students and lifelong learners were bussed to Ensenada Mexico from San Diego to join us on the 10th.  Busload by busload, from 9:30 to 3:00 they were processed onto the ship.  Then we had a lifeboat drill and announcements about treating seasickness. 

I am not one to take things, but Meclizine seemed like a good idea, and they were giving it away.  It makes you mellow and sleepy, but perhaps not as sleepy as Dramamine.  I clearly pictured being rocked to sleep on the ship, but never pictured trying to walk with that same roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment