Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Bike commuter -- almost

I think that a true bike commuter needs to ride the bike all the way, without walking it.  Arlington is very hilly, and my newly repaired bike did not go into its lowest gear today, making it necessary for me to walk up three of the very steepest places.  So after returning from work, I went directly to the bike shop -- yet one more trip there -- for an adjustment.

Almost the entire route is on a bike path, separated from traffic, and the section with the shared road is not very busy.  The distance is  about 3 miles. 

In fact, it is downhill almost all the way to work, and the only real pedaling is on the way back.    That will work out well in the heat of summer -- with my arriving at work still somewhat fresh, then changing when I get home.  I will keep trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment