Friday, March 7, 2014

Run? Swim? Walk?

Exercise on the ship.  There were two treadmills for 700 people -- but one is broken, leaving 1 treadmill for 700 people.  There are some morning hours reserved for faculty and staff (since we work during the day) -- If I go at 5:05 after the sign-up sheet gets put out at 5:00, I can get a 1/2 hour on the treadmill before 8:00.  There is no prominade for walking around the ship -- only a small distance for walking back and forth.

The pool is a little bigger than a jacuzzi, and the kids under 7-year-old are enjoying building their swimming skills.  For an adult, 1 to 2 strokes would take you across.  There is a small basketball court that gets used for basketball, dodgeball, etc.  And there are weights -- mostly guy-sized weights.  I brought my Japanese free weights on board and left them for sharing.  Yoga -- the ship photographer is a "certified" yoga teacher, and has lead 3 classes.  I hope for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment