Saturday, July 27, 2013

Following up/Picturing Peg




So are you still picturing me crouched on the floor of the cable car with my head down avoiding the bat?  Perhaps bats here do not get rabies, and that is why others were not particularly concerned.  Maybe they are even good fortune.

Are you still picturing me bumping into people in the lanes of the pool?  I seem to have this worked out better.  I was so eager to get back to swimming that at first I probably did not take the prudent step of spending time just watching.  Now I have spent more time just watching, and asking the lifeguard before I choose a lane.  The pool is shallow enough to touch bottom, and the lifeguard does not sit and watch, but attends to small duties, like changing the lane signs and advising foreigners.  

Perhaps you can add to your set of images of me -- picture me on the floor studying my rice cooker and a cereal box.  I think that the cereal is a whole grain rice cereal.  I finally have been able to find uncooked brown rice, and am trying to figure out how to cook it in the rice cooker that comes with the furnished apartment.  I more or less matched the kanji on the cereal box and the rice cooker to choose a setting.  And the rice came out OK.  So why am I on the floor?  My kitchen has an appliance cart with 4 shelves -- top is a hot water heater for making tea.  On the next level is a combined oven/microwave.  On the third level is the rice cooker, and an the bottom is the toaster oven.  It took me a minute when I woke up this morning to remember why the cereal was on the floor.  

No comments:

Post a Comment